Custom Title : Queen of the Night
Posts : 1828
YGOPro Name : gunsmaker
DN Name : gunsmaker
Dueling Points : 600
Skill Points : 00
BT Record : 0-0
Events Count : 0 Events Won.
Reputation : 12
|Subject: gunsmaker's Class : "Galaxy Cyclone" Card Review(OCG) / Card Preview(TCG) Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:18 pm#1|| |
First note : if i'm not allowed to post something here, please send this thread to the graveyard. (because i'm not a teacher here but i want to post this because no teacher post it).
CROS-JP062 Galaxy Cyclone / ギャラクシー・サイクロン
You can only use the (2) effect of “Galaxy Cyclone” once per turn.
(1) Target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.
(2) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard then target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.
Rarity : Super Rare / Secret Rare
Key Points :
- The (1) Effect : Target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.
Unlike "Night Beam" that target only 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls, Galaxy Cyclone can target your own Set Spell/Trap Card. However, when you target Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls, it's free of chain, your opponent can response to Galaxy Cyclone 's activation. It is not a good idea to rely only on this effect to replace "Mystical Space Typhoon" or "Night Beam".
- The (2) Effect : During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard then target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.
- This effect is similar to "Twister", it gives hand advantage when you activate this part of effect from the Graveyard, especially for Infernoid and Lightsworn. However, Since it is a normal spell with Spell Speed 1, it can not activate to response to the activation of Continuous Spell/Trap Card. While "Mystical Space Typhoon" can be activated in response to Cards like "Fire Formation - Tenki" , "Vanity's Emptiness", and "Call of The Haunted".
- In addition, to use the (2) effect, you should also be careful about "Imperial Iron Wall" and "Macro Cosmos" as well.
The reason you wouldn't replace "Mystical Space Typhoon" with this card share the same reason why you wouldn't replace "Mystical Space Typhoon" with "Night Beam".
However, any deck that you need "Night Beam", you can also replace "Night Beam" with this card.
- "Galaxy Cyclone" is a good card, it gives more possibility in the YGO world and it is a searchable card by Galaxy Wizard in Galaxy deck. But it does not conquer "Mystical Space Typhoon" or "Night Beam", You just need each of them in some specific or different situation.
Do you have more thoughts about this card? Please share your ideas!
Custom Title : Cakes Emperor
Posts : 5272
YGOPro Name : RsS.YuGi
DN Name : RsS.YuGi
Dueling Points : 16.445
Skill Points : 378
BT Record : 10-0
Events Count : 10
Reputation : 41
|Subject: Re: gunsmaker's Class : "Galaxy Cyclone" Card Review(OCG) / Card Preview(TCG) Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:38 pm#2|| |
Why would it be sent to grave while it's helping others. I like it, please keep it and post more in the future.
This spell isn't a replacement for MST indeed, and anyone removing MST to add this card will be making a huge mistake, if it was a quickplay spell then ofc that would make everything better. Anyways, perfect card to go against side cards in these formats. xD
Thanks for posting this guns!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- Awards & Achievements: